In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quoth the Craven

As promised, here is this week’s Coverbox Wednesday installment. The theme is the films of horrormeister Wes Craven. No particular reason other than Queen Video downtown had a Craven section, so I was able to get pics of most of his early filmography. Enjoy!












The last two above came along after I was long gone from the store, but I figured I’d add them because I do own them on VHS. You can mark the Scream coverbox as the genesis for the stale, cookie cutter designs we often see today. But I digress. That is a rant for another time.


As I stated before, we didn’t have Last House at our store, but I can’t mention Wes without giving a nod to his infamous debut.

That’s it for now. Be sure to check back every Wednesday for a fresh slew of covers.

No comments: