In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Friday, April 11, 2008

24. Toronto Style.

This weekend is going to be an interesting one. My friend Mike and I signed up for the Toronto Film Race happening tonight. It is an annual event where you write, shoot and edit a short film in twenty-four hours. It can be no longer than four minutes and must be submitted by 10pm Saturday. There are only two guidelines, which I assume must be to guard against anyone doing anything beforehand. Participating teams are given a theme and also a surprise element (like a specific prop or action) they have to use. Other than that, the sky’s the limit.

Mike and I have been friends for a few years now. We met while waiting in line to see Haute Tension during Midnight Madness in 2003. Since then, we’ve worked on two indie projects together, the feature Dillenger’s Diablos in 2004 and the short Godfather of Gore last year.

I’m pretty pumped about getting the creative juices flowing again. It should be a good preamble to the series we are planning to do this summer. I’ll get back to you in a few days to let you know how it all went down.

No comments: