In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

DC

As it was Canada Day yesterday, allow me to draw attention to one of our most prolific exports. Before his recent flirtations with Oscar (and well deserved I might add), David Cronenberg's humble beginnings were rooted in low budget horror. Please enjoy this week's Coverbox Wednesday, which showcases his long list of genre contemporary classics.


Just as a side note, my store also had a copy of They Came From Within, Shivers' alternate title.


So, it was feasibly possible to rent the same movie twice without knowing it. The management didn't seem too interested when I brought this to their attention though. What a tight ship we ran back then...



Now, I know what you are thinking. Naked Lunch isn't horror! Well, you are right, but nevertheless that is where we put it. That's where the computer said it went and much like the youth of Nazi Germany, we underlings just followed orders. We weren't fortunate enough to have a 'WTF?' section either.

No comments: