In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Midnight Hour

The Toronto Film Festival Midnight Madness programme was thrilling viewers long before I discovered it in 2000. Established in 1988 by Noah Cowan – who is now co-director of the Festival – it has played host to almost two hundred genre offerings ranging from the grotesque to the downright bizarre. In 1998, Colin Geddes took over the reins and continues to wow us on a yearly basis. For this week’s Coverbox Wednesday, I pay homage to some of the movies that debuted at Madness and soon after ended up on my video store shelf. Enjoy! I hope to see you in line outside the Ryerson come September. For more info on past Midnight Madness programmes, click here.



Note: I couldn’t find the original VHS cover for Jack Be Nimble unfortunately. It seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth, or at least the Internet.

No comments: