In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

They're Creeping Up On You

I’m heading off to Trash Palace again this Friday to take in a flick I haven’t seen in a dog’s age. Stacey Case and his partners in crime are screening the 1974 killer-ant movie Phase IV. While mulling over a theme for this week’s Coverbox Wednesday, it occurred to me just how many horror films have creepy crawlies in them. I guess it shouldn’t be surprising. When surveys are done about phobias, insects, arachnids and snakes are always at or near the top. It’s a logical fear. They outnumber us ten thousand to one (if not more), so we should bloody well PRAY there isn’t an uprising. Anyway, on with the show.

Shatner vs. killer tarantulas = Cinematic gold!


Then there are the titles that just had certain scenes with things with more than two legs. They remain with me for all time.

Helen Shaver should have really got that thing checked out.


You know what I’m talking about.


Sharon Stone has a paralyzing encounter with a spider.


A dark cellar and a lot of beetles. You figure it out.


“I have a message for you, and I don’t think you are going to like it!”


No comments: