In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Broadening Horizons.

I adore foreign horror films, but I didn't become well versed in the subject until I was well into my twenties and started frequenting the Toronto video stores that I've talked about at length in previous posts. The video store I worked at was more of a meat & potatoes kind of place. Beyond the odd Argento movie, there wasn't a lot stuff to be had – and even then they were often cut to shreds – but I absorbed what I could greedily. This Coverbox Wednesday I showcase the horror films from abroad (almost all Italian imports) that adorned my store shelves.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Yeah I was the same way. I'd seen some when I was younger like Creepers and Demons, but didn't really start watching foreign Horror until high school and college. Wish I had sooner because so many are great.

Jay Clarke said...

Oh crud, I totally forgot to put Demons 1 & 2 on here! Oh well, I think I've posted them here before anyway.

Chris H said...

Nice Italian theme here!

The Church is sometimes referred to as Demons 3, but there is already a Demons 3 (The Ogre, I believe) and the damn movie doesn't have anything to do with the series.

Jay Clarke said...

Yep, The Church was directed by Michele Soavi, who also did Stage Fright and Dellamorte, Dellamorre.