In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Ooooooh LASERS!

Continuing on from last Friday, here is the home video intro for Prism Entertainment.



That was taken from my beat up copy of Thou Shalt Not Kill... Except. Prism was founded in 1984 and released many horror films over the years, including Cheerleader Camp, Demon Wind, Shock Waves, Girly, the rat duo of Willard & Ben and the sleazy giallo classic Torso. As the eighties came to close, Prism got more into the softcore side of things, releasing almost every movie Shannon Tweed did in the early nineties. Sadly, Prism Entertaiment folded circa 1995. I would have thought that the revenue generated from Snapdragon alone would have kept them afloat (I know it was ALWAYS out at my store at least) but whatever. *Sigh* Another casualty of a bygone era.

5 comments:

DirtyRobot said...

This has nothing to do with anything relevant, but any time some mentions Shannon Tweed I remember her in HOT DOG... THE MOVIE!
;)

Jay Clarke said...

80's T&A is ALWAYS relevant my good sir!

Chris H said...

I wish I could find a copy of Demon Wind. I remember it being pretty terrible, but I'd love to revisit.

Phill Tuma said...

This is probably my favorite intro next to Media Home Entertainment. My VHS copy of Demon Wind has a great lenticular effect with the demon bursting through a window. I've had it for a while now and although the movie can be boring at times I always come back to it and watch it every few years.

Jay Clarke said...

We had that coverbox at my store too. Thanks for letting me know 'lenticular' is what that effect is called. Sounds much better than 'all 3-D changy'.