In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Monday, April 19, 2010

It Came From The Archives 3.1!

I will imminently be on a plane to Vegas, but in my absence I wanted to do something extra special. Since I didn't have the time to do another April Showers marathon (fuck, that was a lot of work), I decided to take another dip into my treasure trove of goodies from the past. Anyone remember these?


I'm not sure where I acquired these, as Fango's Weekend Of Horrors convention came to my city in 1991, which was a full year before these collector cards were issued. For your enjoyment, here they are. Make with the clicky-clicky for a closer look.

First issue hit stands in August 1979... Crazy.



Thankfully, Hardware's censor woes were finally put to rest with Severin's excellent Blu-ray release last year.


The one above is about where I came in I think. I got a year-subscription for Christmas circa '89.

Bill Malone's Creature was once known as Titan Find. Who knew?




Deadly Spawn FTW!




You know what I loved growing up? That every single F13 crew thought that their movie was the last, so they continually tried to outdo each other. Every time the credits rolled, I had this apprehension that this might really be the last one, even though in the back of my mind I knew I'd be renting a new one in a year or so.

That's it for today, I'll be putting up the entire ninety-card collection over the course of this week, so check back continually for more Fango nostalgia.

No comments: