In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Rest (Part 1 of 2)

The Horror Section was initially begun as a visual archive for VHS horror, namely the five-hundred or so titles that populated the video store I worked at from 1990 to 1994. Sure, my humble blog has grown from that, but the Coverbox Wednesdays segment was always the main focus. So here, after two-and-a-half years, we are at its bloody conclusion. Join me now, as I post the first part of the remainder now, with the remainder coming on the 23rd.

You can never go wrong with zombie chickens!


Great PG horror!


Yes, before he fought The Demonic Toys, he had his OWN movie.


Dodgeball anyone?


Classic sci-fi horror, often imitated, but never duplicated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get all these covers from Ballbuster video over 15 years ago? Did they go out of business?

Jay Clarke said...

Yeah, it did circa 2000, but a lot of the pics are pulled from the web. Staring at that section for four years, I just remember all the ones we had and made a list, which is here...

http://tinyurl.com/26d2hp3

Anonymous said...

A half decent list!

The BB store in my town doesn't even have an official "horror" section. You can find a few of these titles with the "action" DVDs.

Jay Clarke said...

I know, they neutered mine soon after I left. It's a travesty, I won't shed a tear when Cockbuster finally eats it.