In addition to the usual reviews and comments you would find on a horror movie blog, this is also a document of the wonderfully vast horror movie section of the video store I worked at in my youth.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Scribblings.

You may have noticed that my postings have been a little sparce of late. I am preparing to move house soon, so a lot of my free time is unfortunately being eaten up with that. Nobody likes to move. It's a frickin' hassle, but if there is one positive, it is that it forces you to take stock and sort through your shit. During the course of said junk-diving, I found the drawing below in an old and battered Muppets notebook, amongst colourful spaceship battles and D&D mazes. I vaguely remember drawing these when I was around eight or nine as part of a game of Hangman. Click to enlarge.


I don't think I did Joe Spinell any favours with my rendering of his mug, but in my defence, I hadn't seen the movie, just the poster in a local video store. I kinda had to fill in the blanks from the waist up, ya know? I'm not sure why his knife seems to have no blade, but I least I got the woman's scalp right. Second, I find it curious that I wrote "To Asia" on the crate. I guess I must have thought that's where Tasmania was.

Anyway, just wanted to pass that along with the message that if I disappear for a bit, it is because I am fashioning a new nest for THS headquarters. Talk soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

<>

Don't feel bad, I remember hearing grown men talking about how ghost haunting was true like on the show Ghost Hunters. The one says to the other, "boy I sure don't want to go to Pennsylvania."